SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  WANTED!!  »  Looking For Mark Gonzales Mini released on Vision circa 80's
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Looking For Mark Gonzales Mini released on Vision circa 80's

Terrence Maddox
Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Hi, I have posted this topic on both Slap and Concrete Disciples, and someone on Concrete Disciples mentioned this site. I saw this deck while on vacation in Falmouth, Mass. around 1987-1988. There was also a full page ad for it in Thrasher with the second graphic board Gonzales had on Vision. I remember looking at it in the sporting good shop window, and it was real small even for a mini. It was a white deck, same as the one in the ad. I got a chance to skate it a few days later when a kid I knew bought it. The only other time I rember this board being mentioned in a magazine was in a Big Brother issue when Dave Carnie was making a Whalecock deck prototype. Can anyone post an image of it, or if you have this deck what are the dimensions of it? I would be interested in buying it also.
shred717
Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:21 pm Reply with quote
talkin about this??

Terrence Maddox
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:47 pm Reply with quote
No, that is not the one. It came out during the summertime after the 2nd graphic board which was the suit and roses guy, with lips on the top of the board for a graphic. It was described as a mini, in the ad in Thrasher, and the actual board I skated was small even for mini standards. I had the original 2nd graphic board when it was out in the 80's, but snapped it on a jump ramp. I was a bit of a heavy roller back then.
chall5
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:54 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
pick it out from the line up

http://www.artofskateboarding.com/PG/...z&pagesize=15
Terrence Maddox
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:36 pm Reply with quote
It had a similar shape to the one shred posted, but I believe it was smaller and had way different graphics than the one shred posted. I did look at all the Vision boards on that site, I didn't see it. Shred what size is that board? The one I remember seeing had multiple images on it, not one graphic.
willymaze20five
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:55 pm Reply with quote
it has to be 1 of those gonz decks from the AOS site because thats all his vision models......maybe your thinking of another deck?

ukoldschool or gonzfather would know for sure

as for being smaller ...the deck shred posted is a mini...so how can it be smaller since its already a mini ??

i know g&s minis were super small but from what i remember visions minis were all in the same ballpark

Terrence Maddox wrote:
It had a similar shape to the one shred posted, but I believe it was smaller and had way different graphics than the one shred posted. I did look at all the Vision boards on that site, I didn't see it. Shred what size is that board? The one I remember seeing had multiple images on it, not one graphic.
throttle_ninja
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:40 pm Reply with quote
gonz & roses

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Is that time line 100% accurate? The Gonz and Roses came out prior to the Color My Friends shown in 1987. I remember people in Ohio having that way later than when I had the Gonz and Roses board.
willymaze20five
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:39 pm Reply with quote
AOS isn't always accurate but they do show all of gonzo's vison decks

yeah I think the gonz n roses was his second model on vision
he was riding a gonz n roses deck for the ohio skate contest which was mid to late 87

By the way marks trick selection in Ohio sk8 was damn sick
the best 80's contest by far .....sick sk8ing sick obstacles and the best soundtrack Eva!!!!!
Terrence Maddox
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I think the one shred posted may have come out with Color My Friends deck, the one I am speaking of isn't on there list. I am almost certain it had different graphics and came out months after the Gonz and Roses was released. My friend John went to that contest but my parents hated skateboarding and especially John, and wouldn't allow me to go. Once Madrid came to the town next to me, my little brothers friend Justin did a river dive for product, and walked away with a Madrid Bob Schmeltzer freestyle deck. I traded him for the board, in what was kind of a bogus deal for him. He evened the score later on when I left my Ray Myers Santa Cruz freestyle board at his house, and my family moved to Kansas. He and some friends visited me in Maryland in 1994 while touring with the Greatful Dead and the lil shit still had it...

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next