SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  slalom?
Page 1 of 4    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

slalom?

Artificiamerica
Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:42 am Reply with quote
do we have anybody in here that is into slalom??? recently one of our own mississippi boys took home the 1st place cup for junior tight slalom, FCR Series 2003 World Slalom Championships in Paso Robles and concluded in Morro Bay
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
riverramp
Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:09 pm Reply with quote
i have a batch of nice used slalom wheels ill trade/sell.
DunnDiego
Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:35 pm Reply with quote
It's funny 'cause when I was younger, things like slalom, downhill, freestyle just seemed lame! But as I grow older I realize that it's all skateboarding. I'm getting into downhill speed/slide boarding and am very interested in slalom. I just don't have the set-up yet.

Is the MS guy you're talking about Ricky Byrd? I kinda know ByrdDog from the SkateMS forums....
DunnDiego
Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Ahhh never mind, I see it was his bro Josh!
Slim
Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Sep 2003 Posts: 2954 Location: pedro point, nor cal
Slalom can be cool - if it's kept raw like Olson, DP, Hackett etc. But there appear to be some goofballs in the scene anxious to turn it into some sort of popular "sport" suitable for prime time or something.

I went to the worlds in morro bay and it was a blast and lots of cool people are involved. My pics are here: http://www.3jar.com/rich/skate/2003worlds/

The more pool skaters the better so you guys join up! If you need a slalom board, trucks, wheels, Dangersticks can hook you up with good gear.

-Slim

Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:29 pm Reply with quote
josh byrd is ricky birds son...yeah i know em thats who i session with...skatems.com is a great site by the way
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shitbird
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:46 pm Reply with quote
I wish I had more time.
I have cones and shit I have never set-up.
I have the best coach in the world...Olson...and Hutson's around...but, damn I have done more than bomb my GS board around the neighborhood a few times.
Pimp kicked me the illest handmade Howell Ick Stick.....and the new equipment is SOO good.
The Turner 3dm shit is just perfect.
I need to get off my usual beaten path of overwork...and hook up with the huge NORCAL scene....and just get out there.
It's nuts when you see it done by the REAL dudes....
Here in SF...Grime and I went to the big GS deal earlier this year....and it was sketchy walking down the hill....Hack, Olson, and the winner, Richy Carrasco were just KILLING it.
My organ withered.
slob-air
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63466 Location: S&B HQ
Slalom is badass! I'd like to get into it, but... that gear is f**king expensive! Need to take out a mortgage to score some Avalon wheels that are only going to last one race (if you want a hope in hell of winning, they need to be fresh!).
Animalchin
Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:24 pm Reply with quote
I just put some 78 Krypto's on a popsicle with Trackers and I felt like a champ going up and down my new flat street. I can't even imagine going down anything more than a multi story parking garage. That's all we have in FLA...
Five Points Skateboards
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:57 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Our buddy, and Local Slalom King around these parts, Kenny Mollica, won the worlds this year. That's cool as hell. I've only done it a handful of times, but it's fun. I mean, Hey, it's skateboarding. How can it not be fun. I'm not getting all geared up in spandex or anything, but it's fun to haul arse...

Page 1 of 4    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next