SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  show me your downhill setups
Page 5 of 28    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

show me your downhill setups

EBasil
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:43 am Reply with quote
Big Fish Joined: 24 Nov 2004 Posts: 335
There's another top mount race deck that's stiff, has appropriate concave and isn't so hard to get: the black-formica bottomed Pressure Drop 42. There's a running $10 discount on them in the Silverfish mfgr forums... it's the S9 race and Dregs Race evolved to even better, and available to anyone w/o bro deal exclusivity imposed when Watson won't make thick boards (the real reason you gotta plead for a Sector race).

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:29 pm Reply with quote
EBasil wrote:
There's another top mount race deck that's stiff, has appropriate concave and isn't so hard to get: the black-formica bottomed Pressure Drop 42. There's a running $10 discount on them in the Silverfish mfgr forums... it's the S9 race and Dregs Race evolved to even better, and available to anyone w/o bro deal exclusivity imposed when Watson won't make thick boards (the real reason you gotta plead for a Sector race).

That PD 42 looks pretty nice. Tho some people don't like Madrid wood.
PAWN
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:42 pm Reply with quote
I just got an Afroman Numchuck, and while it's not a "speedboard", it is a longboard, and it's stiff as hell. I really dig it, but thought I wouldn't. It's good for cruising, and I've even been able to land a few tricks on it (pop-shuvs and kickflips)...it's 38" x 9.75" with a 20" wheelbase I think.

Also a Rebel Skates Gun is a really nice deck...not too flexy (it's on the stiffer side, but gives a little), great shape too...very small kick for the nose, large tail. It's also 38" lon, about 10" wide, and a 20-21" wheelbase (off the top of my head, I'm not looking at actual specs). It's a great cruiser when setup with some Indy 169's and some 71mm gators.

www.fine-co.com buy some shit!
motorpsycho67
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking for a speedboard. At least 30" of WB.
PAWN
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:51 pm Reply with quote
In that case I know TGM likes his Hellcat a lot. He knows a bit about speedboards as well.

www.fine-co.com buy some shit!
The Green Monkey
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:35 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
PAWN wrote:
In that case I know TGM likes his Hellcat a lot. He knows a bit about speedboards as well.

I don't know a ton.

I bought my Hellcat to ride behind my greyhounds, not charge crazy hills (of which we have none in South Florida anyway). I'm still working on getting them used to me on a skateboard, although I have ridden once with Wingo at a trot for about 75 feet without incident.

Anyway, I like my Hellcat/Edger/Crail DH Khiro red back blue front/78mm 79a Seismic Blast Waves/Ron's Steels rig a lot at the handful of places I've ridden it. I'm still fiddling with the bushings though.

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:46 pm Reply with quote
That hellcat is nice. If I were in the market for a speedboard I would probably go with that. Granted I don't much experience with speedboards, but TGMs hellcat and subsonic are the only two dropboards I've had any luck riding. It might have to do with the trucks not turning, but all the others I've tried, I've wanted to get off as soon as I got on.

Heres my downhill boards, if you can call them that. Not exclusively though, they're multi functional. I need a tail, Ihave to be able to ollie all my boards.

strohsbro2
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:49 pm Reply with quote
That green board (bds?) is a nice looking board. Are those Alligators on that also?

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Yeah thats a bds 36 long pig. 21" wb. 71mm/78 gators. Probably the funnest board I own
strohsbro2
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Gracias.

Page 5 of 28    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26, 27, 28  Next